Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mirrored celling

This was not a project that I personally worked on. Five members of the Scathain family tackled this tall order. The end result is nothing but perfection and beauty.
The antiqued mirrored ceiling is a Scathain gem. Each tile hand cut and mirrored at our studio. It now lives in a room surrounded by original big named art and my home town hero,  John Wilde.
Wilde was an artist from my home town. I was introduced to him at a young age. I always looked up to him, respected him and apprecieated his passion. To walk into that room and know that the creative collective that I am a part of made something beautiful that stands in the greatness of Mr. Wilde along with  the French poster guy and the other dude that made some pop art, ran a factory, and helped some band that liked bananas and heroin.
Living the dream.

No comments: